Yet another personal blog, destined to start strong and then fizzle.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day One harvest

Had to force the hens into their coop around 9pm last night. It'll take a little while to train some birds raised in a factory environment to live in our little tractor.

Around 10 o'clock, I went back out to check on the hens, and found another egg. This one appears to have been laid by a hen sitting on a roost, and it cracked when it hit the bottom. You can somewhat see the crack at the top of the egg on the right.


The first egg is being saved for when Tracy gets home, but you can't keep a cracked egg, right? So I had my first ever uber-fresh egg...certainly less than one hour old.

It was delicious. I sincerely think it was noticeably better than a normal egg...but I'll wait until we can do some blind side-by-side taste tests to be sure. It's all in the name of science.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I want to see video of you trying to get the chickens in the coop. Tracey must come home soon!